To God Be the Glory
II Kings 5: 15-16, 19b-27
Pew Bible Pg. 293
I. When God does a work dont do anything to diminish Him receiving all the glory.
II Kings 5: 15-16
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
I Cor. 10:31
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
A. Why was Elisha unwilling to receive a present from Naaman for the healing?
1. Why do you think this surprised Naaman?______________________________________
2. In what way was Elisha adamant?____________________________________________
B. In what ways have you diminished God from receiving all the glory?
1. According to Ps. 115 why is it important that God get all the glory?
2. Why is that important? ___________________________________________________
II. Dont rationalize. II Kings 5: 19b-20
There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
Who shall ascend to the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully.
Ps. 24: 3-4
With their mouth they show much love, but their heart goes after covetousness.
A. In what way did Gehazi rationalize? ____________________________________________
1. What further sin did Gehazi commit? _________________________________________
2. In what way did he also add another sin?______________________________________
B. In what ways have you rationalized yourself into sin? _______________________________
1. What was the motivation? __________________________________________________
2. Why did you carry it out? __________________________________________________
3. How did it hurt your relationship with God and Him receiving glory?
III. Know that justice must be served so that Gods glory remains intact. II Kings 5: 25-27
Be sure your sins will find you out. Num. 32: 23
The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus.
God shows His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God.
I Pet 3: 18
A. In what ways was Gods justice served?
B. What hope do we then have? __________________________________________________
1. In what ways have you experienced Gods love and mercy?
2. How was His justice served and you preserved?