Reaching Others in the Name of Jesus
John 4: 1-26, 39-42
Pew Bible Pg. 864
I. Go out to where the people are. (Had to go through Samaria) John 4: 1-4
When Jesus saw the multitudes,
He was moved with compassion for them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad as sheep having no shepherd.
Mt. 9: 36
Go out into the highways and byways and compel them to come in.
Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer every one.
Col. 4: 5
A. Why did Jesus have to go to Samaria?
1. What normally did Jewish people do?
2. Why was Jesus different? ________________________________________________
B. How are you doing at conducting yourself wisely toward outsiders?
1. What does God want you to be doing? ________________________________________
2. Think of ways you could be a witness in your Samaria.
II. Break the ice. (Give Me a drink!) John 4: 7-9
Paul asked the Ephesians to pray for him when he was a prisoner in chains, Pray that I may declare the gospel boldly as I ought to speak.
Eph. 6: 20
Again Paul declared, We are ambassadors for Christ, God making His appeal through us.
Eph. 6: 20
A. Why is it so difficult to break the ice?
1. Of what are we afraid?___________________________________________________
2. And yet what does God want? ______________________________________________
B. Whats needed before breaking the ice?
1. Faithfully? _____________________________________________________________
2. In agreement? __________________________________________________________
C. With whom does God want you to witness?
III. Pray for guidance and timing. (Go call your husband) John 4: 6
Walk by Spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. Gal. 5: 16
If we live by the spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Gal. 5: 25
walk by faith, not by sight. II Cor. 5: 7
A. Why was Jesus confrontation the thing that needed to be said at the right time?
B. How are we going to have the right guidance and timing?
IV. Dont get sidetracked (Our fathers worshiped on this mountain; and you say that in Jerusalem is the place to worship.)
John 4: 20
A. In what way was this an attempt to get Jesus sidetracked? __________________________
B. How did Jesus avoid the pitfall and stay the course? _______________________________