Being Enlightened This Christmas
Pew Bible Pg. 862
I. Receive Jesus, believe in His name.
John 1: 10-12
There is salvation in no other name under Heaven given among men than Jesus Christ.
Acts 4: 12
I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father buy by Me.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not in your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Prov. 3: 5-6
A. What does John say is necessary to become children of God? ________________________
B. What does John say is necessary to be born of God, to be born again? _______________________
C. When did you take that step?______________________________________________________
1. What were the circumstances? __________________________________________________
2. What difference did He make in your life?_________________________________________
II. Behold His glory.
Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.
He who despises his neighbor is a sinner, but happy is he who is king to the poor.
Prov. 19: 21
And whoever gives one of these little ones, even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple; truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.
A. What is involved in the glory we behold at Christmas? ______________________________
B. How does this glory become reality in our lives (Study MT. 25:40 above) ________________
1. Give an illustration from others lives? _____________________________________________
2. Give an illustration from your own life?____________________________________________
III. Receive grace upon grace. John 12: 15-16
God says to Paul and to us,
My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made perfect in weakness.
II Cor. 12:9
I can do all things in Him who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
A. What does grace upon grace mean? __________________________________________________
B. Have you ever needed grace upon grace?______________________________________________
1. Why do you think God put it this way in describing what He has done for us in Jesus?
2. Why is this important?_________________________________________________________
3. Why do we need to be reminded of it time and time again? ________________________
4. Give illustrations in your life! _____________________________________________________