Being a Person of Great Faith
Mt. 1: 18-25
Pew Bible Pg. 783
I. Be faithful to Gods Word, and yet kind. Mt. 1: 18-19
Without faith it is impossible to please God. For whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.
Heb. 11: 6
Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing honor.
Rom. 12: 9-10
Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Prov. 16: 24
A. Identify with Joseph. How was he feeling?
1. How did he react? _______________________________________________________
2. How could he have reacted? _______________________________________________
3. What could have been the results? __________________________________________
B. How was Joseph faithful to Gods Word? ________________________________________
C. In what ways was he kind? ___________________________________________________
D. In what ways have you needed to affirm Gods Word and yet be kind?
II. Be sensitive to the daily guidance of the Lord. Mt. 1: 20-24
When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth.
John 16: 13
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not in your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Prov. 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord, and do good; so you will dwell in the land, and enjoy security. Commit your ways to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act. Ps. 37: 3,5
A. In what way did God give Joseph daily guidance?
1. How did Joseph react to Gods guidance?_____________________________________
2. What might he have done? ________________________________________________
3. Why did he take her as his wife? ___________________________________________
B. In what ways has God been giving you guidance? __________________________________
1. How do you know its God? ________________________________________________
2. How faithful to trust Him are you? _________________________________________
a. Why? ______________________________________________________________
b. Why not? ___________________________________________________________
III . Observe great self discipline. Mt. 1: 25
Take control of what I say, O Lord, and keep my lips sealed. Dont let me lust for evil things; dont let me participate in acts of wickedness. Dont let me share in the delicaces of those who do evil.
Ps. 141: 3-4
A. In what way did Joseph exhibit great self- discipline? ______________________________
1 Why was this necessary? __________________________________________________
2. How did he know? _______________________________________________________
B. In what ways are you self disciplined in the Lord? __________________________________