Living as a Church Family
Eph. 5: 1-21
Pew Bible Pg. 951
I. Walk in love. Eph. 5: 1-5
Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
I Cor. 13: 4-7
Without love I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
I Cor. 13: 1
God shows His love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
Rom. 5: 8
A. What does it take to walk in love? ________________________________________________
1. The futility of life without Christ
2. The fragrant offering in Christ
B. What are the results of life without Christs love?
1. No thanksgiving ___________________________________________________________
2. No inheritance in the kingdom of Christ
II. Walk as children of the light. Eph. 5: 8-14
If we say we have fellowship with Christ when we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth; but if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with on another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
I John 1: 6-7
Walk while you have the light, lest the darkness overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.
John 12: 35-36
A. What is involved in walking as children of light?
1. Come to the light_________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________ Eph. 5: 7
2. Dont give in to walking in the darkness again but learn what is pleasing to the Lord _______ __________________________________________________________________ Eph. 5:8
3. Expose the unfruitful works of darkness
__________________________________________________________________ Eph. 5:9
B. What are the consequences of walking in the unfruitful works of darkness? ________________
__________________________________________________________________ Eph. 5:5
III. Walk in wisdom Eph. 5: 15-20
Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the time.
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer everyone.
A. Whats involved in walking in wisdom?
1. Making the most of the time
_______________________________________________________________ Eph. 5: 15
2. Understanding the will of the Lord
_______________________________________________________________ Eph. 5: 17
3. Being filled with the Spirit
_______________________________________________________________ Eph. 5: 18
B. Always and for everything giving thanks to God._____________________________________
_______________________________________________________________ Eph. 5: 20