All Things are Possible to Him Who Believes
Mark 9: 23, Mark 5: 1-20
Pew Bible Pg. 821,816
I. Be willing to call on Jesus to do a great work. Mark 5: 1-2, 6
Jesus when asked by the disciples said,
This kind cannot come out except by prayer and fasting. Mark 9:21
You have not, because you ask not. James 4:2
Ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Mt. 7: 7-8
A. What indications are there that the demon possessed man desired from Jesus healing?
B. Why might this have been difficult for him? ____________________________________
C. In what ways have you called on Jesus to do a great work?
1. Do you believe?______________________________________________________
2. Were you blessed ____________________________________________________
II. Learn to rejoice when God does a work and not be afraid. Mark 5: 14-15
Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice. Let all men know your concern for them. The Lord is at hand.
Phil. 4: 4-5
Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation. Be constant in prayer. Never flag in zeal, be aglow in the Spirit.
Rom. 12: 11-12
A. Think of times you were unable to rejoice in the Lord when He did a great work?
B. What caused you to fear? ___________________________________________________
1. Did you repent? ______________________________________________________
C. How does a situation like that affect our faith?
1. What do you need to do? ________________________________________________
2. Why? ______________________________________________________________
III. Dont send Jesus away when your comfort is disturbed. Mark 5: 16-17
None of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord, so then whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lords.
Rom. 14: 7-8
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body!
I Cor. 6: 19-20
A. How was the towns peoples comfort disturbed?
B. In what ways has God been disturbing your comfort?
1. Are you resisting Him? ____________________________________________________
2. Are you sending Him away? ________________________________________________
3.Are you willing to sacrifice your comfort and go the extra mile with Him?